1: Is there WiFi at the hostel?
- The hostel has Wifi in every room and in all the shared spaces.
2: How do I find the hostel?
- We are on GoogleMaps under La Ventana Hostel. We have signs on the main road in La Ventana to guide first time guests.
3: How do I get to the hostel?
- We can arrange a shuttle ride for you from the La Paz or Cabo San Lucas airports. The shuttle can be shared to lower costs. Arriving by shuttle is the easiest and fastest way to get to La Ventana.
4: Is there a kitchen?
- We have a kitchen with full amenities for guests to use.
5: Is La Ventana safe (for gear, for guests)?
- La Ventana is very safe. Gear theft and crime are very rare and can be prevented by locking car doors and closing car windows. There is someone on premises at La Ventana Hostel 95% percent of the time, and our neighbors are always looking out for us. Our private rooms have locks and the bunk room has lockers for guests who would like to lock their things.
6: Should I bring pesos or buy them at the airport?
- It is more expensive to buy pesos at the airport than almost anywhere else. We recommend guests alert their bank of their travel plans, and plan on withdrawing money from ATMs in La Ventana, Cabo, or Los Barrilles. It is easy to pull over at an ATM during your shuttle ride to La Ventana, and there is an ATM in town to use. It is the cheaper way to get pesos for a good exchange rate. Food and drinks are inexpensive in town, but there is no real way to anticipate exactly how much money to bring.
7: How do I find a good place to take kitesurfing lessons?
- There are so many great kite schools in La Ventana, it can be overwhelming to choose. We work with a local school that provides excellent, safe instruction. Let us know if you would like us to help you set up some lessons!
8: What else is there to do in La Ventana?
- Where do we start? Visitors to La Ventana can rent mountain bikes, SUPs, kayaks, snorkeling gear, and more. We can assist you in setting up tours to swim with whale sharks, snorkel with manta rays, go on a fishing trip, or explore the nearby Isla Cerralvo. We can also point you in the direction of beautiful hikes, beaches, and other nearby towns to explore!